- see all comments
"What am I going to do with my pile of old t-shirts? I'm going to wear them. The ones that are now retired are mostly used already. I've made bracelets, though not with jewels as shown here, children's clothes and pj's, and quilts beyond belief! It certainly is fun to be creative with something everyone has and most throw away! Thanks for more ideas."
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Click here to view your Stuff.
Craving something comforting and easy to make? This one pot chili mac and cheese recipe is the easy weeknight dinner for you! The base of this recipe is ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and pasta, and along with a special blend of spices and herbs, so you know you'll get a delicious dinner that's hearty and filling.
This recipe is also very budget friendly because of the carefully selected ingredients. Chances are, you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry, just waiting to be transformed into a delicious dinner that the whole family will love. Plus, you can easily double this recipe and save some for meal planning later in the week!
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 26 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 10 ounces elbow pasta uncooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Since I'm using extra lean ground beef there's no need to drain the fat, but if you're using fatter ground beef, drain whatever fat there is.
Stir in the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes or until the onion softens and becomes translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir. Add the black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chicken broth and elbow pasta. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for about 9 to 12 minutes or until the elbow macaroni is cooked.
Stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
Read Next17 Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 14, 2018
One pot dishes are often time savers and delicious too. I don't know of any kid who hates Mac and cheese dinners, they're are the easiest meals to prep and don't worry if you haven't gone grocery shopping, this meal doesn't require alot of vegetables. It is perfect for busy parents or those cold months coming up.
Feb 27, 2018
This looks delicious! And definitely budget friendly. I might play around with some of the spices that I use, though )
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
How To Make Homemade Glycerin Soap
Being a mom, I don't have the time for complicated, involved crafting right now. I love simple crafts that can double as simple gift… Continue reading: "How To Make Homemade Glycerin Soap"
- 17 Cheap Slow Cooker Recipes
- 27 Cheap Potluck Recipes that Won’t Break the Bank
- 30 Cheap BBQ Food Ideas
- Tasty Overnight Oats in Mason Jars
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 10 Great Depression Era Recipes
- 20 Cheap Meals for Large Families
- 15 Cheap Dinner Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals
- 22 Cheap Breakfast Recipes
- 18 Cheap Picnic Ideas for a Portable Feast
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite stuff
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your stuff
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Santa Paper Bag Puppet
- Hippo Paper Bag Puppet
- Fun Easter Sensory Bin For Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- Printable Ice Cream Cone Wrappers
- Diy All Purpose Cleaner
- Printable Lemonade Stand Kit
- Sheep Craft With Craft Sticks