Passionate about cheap and thrifty living and want to share your knowledge? We have the perfect opportunity for you! We're always looking for guest bloggers to write for CheapThriftyLiving. You can choose your own topic, or you can reach out and ask an editor for a recommended topic. If you decide to choose your own topic, please select a topic that we have not already covered on our site.
Unfortunately, we are not able to publish every submission, but if you follow our guidelines below, you'll have a much better chance of seeing your article on our site.
Requirements for Articles:
- Articles should be a minimum of 600 words and a maximum of 5,000 words.
- Articles should be organized with an introduction and distinct sections. Avoid a solid block of text!
- Articles should include some high-quality visual elements (e.g., images, infographics, videos, charts).
- Articles should be well-edited for organization, flow, style, and grammar.
Need an article idea? We're always looking for articles on the following topics:
- Thrifty living lifehacks
- Budgeting tutorials
- Simple, everyday ways to save money
- Tips and tricks for green living
- Tutorials for DIY health and beauty products
- Articles and advice on retirement and saving
To start the submission process, please send us a query via our Contact Us page. Please include a short description of your article, and we will contact you in 1 to 2 weeks with next steps if it is a good fit for our site. If your article or project is accepted for publication, you will then send all of the content and images needed and we will create the page. Articles may be lightly edited for style, consistency, grammar, and current SEO best practices.
Paid content for our sites will be decided based on:
- Our need for the article. Editors will determine whether the demand is great enough for purchasing your article and whether the topic is unique enough (if we do not have something similar on our site already).
- Your ability to promote. By working with CheapThriftyLiving, we offer you heavy promotion. CheapThriftyLiving has 50,000+ email newsletter subscribers, and we're growing fast. In order to buy content, we need to know how you can promote us in exchange. At the time you're pitching an article, please include the number of visitors your site receives per month, as well as the number of followers you have on social media (primarily Facebook, Pinterest, and/or Instagram). Our Networking Cheat Sheet is a great resource.
You are always welcome to submit projects and articles via our User Submissions feature. This is a great option to have your content featured on our website and shared with our reader, even if we decide not to purchase the content. You can either submit it as a full project with pictures, or you can submit it as a link-out so the reader would need to click through to your site for the full tutorial.
Thank you for your interest in writing for CheapThriftyLiving!
Project of the Day
Does it feel like your child's school supplies have slowly taken over the kitchen, dining room, and other rooms in your home? You can… Continue reading: "Mason Jar School Supply Organizer"
- Easy Outdoor Cushions Tutorial
- Budgeting Methods that Just Make Cents
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 20 Cheap Casserole Recipes
- DIY Portable Yarn Keeper
- DIY Collapsible Storage Cubes
- Slow Cooker Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
- 14 Small Bathroom Storage Ideas
- Fall Plaid DIY Blanket Scarf
- DIY Cheap and Easy Wall Storage Idea for Organizing Your Space
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hoppy Easter Shaker Card
- Easter Egg Paper Craft
- Easter Bunny And Egg Craft
- Spring Puppet Crafts
- Leprechaun Paper Puppet
- Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
- Diy Jewelry Organizer
- Mexican Tuna Salad
- Latte Coffee Popsicles
- Banana Pecan Muffins