We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
I love making potatoes as side dishes. They’re perfectly satisfying and the best complement to any meal. Plus, they’re super cheap, so buying a bag of potatoes is no big deal. So, needless to say, I’m always on the hunt for new easy potato recipes to make.
I don’t know why, but I’ve never heard of “accordion potatoes” or “Hasselback potatoes” before in my life. I’ve never even seen them. I’ve seen scalloped potatoes, but never thinly-sliced potatoes that are all still connected. Then, one day, I was checking out my news feed and saw a video for how to make Hasselback potatoes and my whole life changed.
They kind of remind me of pull-apart bread recipes in how you can stuff yummy flavors and spices in the folds to give each bite a ton of flavor. This potato recipe is so easy to make that you can whip it up in no time for dinner tonight!
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (see note)
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh herbs (see note)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and light grease with a bit of the oil.
Wash and dry the potatoes. On a chopping board arrange two wooden chopsticks with a potato in between them and make slices straight down 1/8 inch apart until the chopstick stops your knife from going further. Slice all the potatoes and lay on a lightly greased bake pan.
Brush the potatoes will with some of the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add herbs to the remaining oil and set aside. Bake potatoes for 30 minutes, then brush with the herb/oil mixture and push it between the slices as much as possible. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and continue to bake for an additional 30-40 minutes until potatoes are tender in the center and golden brown on top.
For more decadent flavor, substitute butter or bacon fat for the olive oil.
Choose your favorite herb or mixture – mince fresh herbs very finely or use ½ teaspoon dry herbs – for instance thyme, rosemary or parsley.
What would you put in your Hasselback potatoes?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
When it comes to hearty and filling dinner ideas, you can't go wrong with this 5-Ingredient Cowboy Chili Recipe! The quick and easy… Continue reading: "5-Ingredient Cowboy Chili Recipe"
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chop Recipe
- Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- Lemon Raspberry Cake with Buttermilk
- 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Carnitas
- BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 5-Ingredient Tomatillo Chicken Recipe
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade Recipe
- Southern Inspired Cajun Chop Suey
- 30 Cheap BBQ Food Ideas
- Hobo Dinner Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bug Bite Relief Stick
- Peppermint Pedicure Bath Bomb Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cajun Red Beans And Rice
- How To Make Easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce In A Pinch
- Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes
- Bug Repellent Solid Lotion
- Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Keto Parmesan Zucchini Chips
- Fresh And Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- Low Sugar Strawberry Jam Instant Pot Or Stove Top