This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
18" C2c Alphabet Square
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
"I wanted an “X” and “O” pillow to decorate my home for Valentine’s Day this year. I have tons of decorations for other holidays, but surprisingly only two items for Valentine’s Day (that you see in the photos, hehe), so I thought I’d add in some pillows as those are my favorite thing to make. This pattern is just showing how to make the 18” square, and while I’m creating throw pillows with mine, you can: use them as afghan squares and sew a bunch together to make a blanket or a small rug, string the square up on a dowel and use as a wall hanging, use the square as a doily on a table, use the square as the star of the show of a cardigan or top, etc! I used Red Heart Super Saver for mine but I also like Caron One Pound and Bernat Super Value for home projects - the letter "O" took 245 yards, and the "X" took 280 yards. While the overall gauge isn’t important, it is important that the gauge for both yarns that you use are the same. I had to use an H8/5mm for my Soft White, and I9/5.5mm for my Buff. The letter "X" took me just over 4 hours to complete. "
- 300ish Yards Total of Worsted Weight Yarn – I used Red Heart’s Super Saver in Buff and Soft White
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"This Christmas, turn a boring napkin into a wonderful craft with this simple tutorial on Christmas Tree Napkin Folding! Add… Continue reading: "Christmas Tree Napkin Folding Project"
- Transform A Cardboard Box Into A Pretty Organizing Storage Bin
- Customize Your Plastic Storage Drawers
- DIY Cheap and Easy Wall Storage Idea for Organizing Your Space
- 11 Dollar Store Crafts to Get Organized
- Homemade Secret Hollow Book
- No-Sew Easy DIY Pet Bed
- Wood Burning DIY
- Stress Relief DIY Teacup Candles
- Vintage Apron Sewing Pattern
- Homemade Frozen Dog Treat Recipes With Banana
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Cute Butterfly Craft For Kids
- Air Fryer Banana Chips
- Raspberry Blondies Recipe
- Easy School Bus Craft
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using