How to Paint Upholstery Fabric
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Give your living room a quick and affordable update by giving an old couch or chair a second lease on life. Add the perfect pop of color to a piece of old furniture with this tutorial for How to Paint Upholstery Fabric. The key to this furniture reupholstery project is combining a latex paint with a fabric medium, so that you get a beautiful, rich color without creating a plastic and stiff texture to the fabric. This DIY furniture makeover is great for small pieces of vintage or damaged furniture like chairs or benches, and only takes a few hours to complete. There are even a few handy tips for painting tufted furniture. Don't throw out that stained or faded ottoman and give it a splash of vibrant color with this easy furniture makeover.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Read NextVintage Gun Rack to Coat Rack DIY
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Vintage Gun Rack to Coat Rack DIY
- Vintage Skirt Ottoman Upholstery Project
- DIY Kitchen Backsplash from Old CDs
- DIY Windmill Wall Decor
- IKEA Hack: DIY Hanging Lampshade
- Easy $9 DIY Side Table
- DIY Mirror Frame Idea
- DIY Reclaimed Wood Headboard
- 22 IKEA Hacks for Frugal Home Decor
- Easy Outdoor Cushions Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Happy Birthday Cake Topper
- Pink Sewing Table
- Black China Cabinet
- Elegant White Armoire
- Repurposed Old Buffet
- Cute Chic End Table
- Dollar Store Pearl Farmhouse Ornaments
- Easy Candy Cane Christmas Caprese Salad Appetizer
- Mitten Countdown Calendar
- Easy Christmas Village Diy