How to Paint Upholstery Fabric
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Give your living room a quick and affordable update by giving an old couch or chair a second lease on life. Add the perfect pop of color to a piece of old furniture with this tutorial for How to Paint Upholstery Fabric. The key to this furniture reupholstery project is combining a latex paint with a fabric medium, so that you get a beautiful, rich color without creating a plastic and stiff texture to the fabric. This DIY furniture makeover is great for small pieces of vintage or damaged furniture like chairs or benches, and only takes a few hours to complete. There are even a few handy tips for painting tufted furniture. Don't throw out that stained or faded ottoman and give it a splash of vibrant color with this easy furniture makeover.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Read NextIKEA Hack: DIY Hanging Lampshade
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- IKEA Hack: DIY Hanging Lampshade
- 22 IKEA Hacks for Frugal Home Decor
- Faux Copper Bowl Tutorial
- Country Cottage DIY Pallet Shelf
- 15 Minute Vintage Suitcase Coffee Table
- Country Window Coffee Table Tutorial
- DIY Windmill Wall Decor
- DIY Coffee Sign
- Corner Bookshelves Tutorial
- DIY Kitchen Backsplash from Old CDs
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Toilet Paper Roll Countdown Calendar
- Hanging Star Holiday Countdown Calendar
- Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
- Gingerbread Streusel Muffins
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Basket Snowman Craft
- Turkey Bookmark For Kids
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Peppermint Mocha Donuts
- Paper Cup Elf