This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Through The Window Cosmetic Bag Or Hook Pouch
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
"How to crochet a fun bag that uses a mosaic crochet technique, & is perfect to use as a cosmetic bag, crochet hook/notions bag or for travel size toiletries. Video tutorial included. The idea of mosaic crochet may intimidate you, but please don't let it. This stitch pattern is comprised of single crochets & chains with some double crochets to create the overlap. I think a confident beginner could do this. While my favorite way to work this technique is with a variegated color underneath, & a solid coordinating color on top, it also looks great with both solid colors, or even all in one. You'll need 150 Yards of Worsted Weight Yarn (I used WeCrochet Dishie Yarn in Linen (95 Yards) & Mulberry (55 Yards), H8/5mm crochet hook, tapestry needle & if you want to line it, either fabric & zipper or a canvas bag of the same size (I get mine at Hobby Lobby), & needle & thread. I recommend cotton yarn because it's more durable, and this bag will most likely see a lot of wear."
- 150 Yards of Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn – I used WeCrochet Dishie Yarn, 95 Yards of the Linen colorway [main color] and 55 Yards of the Mulberry colorway [coordinating color]
- H8/5mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle for Weaving in Ends
- Optional, Jewelry Pliers
- Optional, Fabric for Lining and Zipper (I used a pre-made bag that I got at my Hobby Lobby and stuck inside and then sewed in place – it measures 9″ wide by 6″ tall)
Optional, Sewing Machine or Sewing Needle and Matching Thread (for lining)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"I love the gorgeous still life flower paintings of the Dutch masters from the 17th - Century. I gathered a collection of some of the… Continue reading: "Gorgeous Floral Upcycled Tray Table"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute Turkey Donuts For Thanksgiving Breakfast
- Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
- Cute Oreo Reese’s Bats For Halloween
- Floral Stenciled Dresser
- Chalk Painted Teal Dresser
- Black Antique Dresser
- Diy Green Dresser
- Light Teal Floral Dresser
- Diy Farmhouse Coffee Table
- Gorgeous Weathered Wood Tables