- see all comments
"Absolutely gorgeous looking. Wow amazing!"
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Click here to view your Stuff.
Craving something comforting and easy to make? This one pot chili mac and cheese recipe is the easy weeknight dinner for you! The base of this recipe is ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and pasta, and along with a special blend of spices and herbs, so you know you'll get a delicious dinner that's hearty and filling.
This recipe is also very budget friendly because of the carefully selected ingredients. Chances are, you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry, just waiting to be transformed into a delicious dinner that the whole family will love. Plus, you can easily double this recipe and save some for meal planning later in the week!
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 26 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 10 ounces elbow pasta uncooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Since I'm using extra lean ground beef there's no need to drain the fat, but if you're using fatter ground beef, drain whatever fat there is.
Stir in the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes or until the onion softens and becomes translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir. Add the black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chicken broth and elbow pasta. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for about 9 to 12 minutes or until the elbow macaroni is cooked.
Stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
Read NextEasy No Bake Cookies Recipe
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 14, 2018
One pot dishes are often time savers and delicious too. I don't know of any kid who hates Mac and cheese dinners, they're are the easiest meals to prep and don't worry if you haven't gone grocery shopping, this meal doesn't require alot of vegetables. It is perfect for busy parents or those cold months coming up.
Feb 27, 2018
This looks delicious! And definitely budget friendly. I might play around with some of the spices that I use, though )
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Thrifty DIY Desk Organizers
If you feel that you can never seem to find pens, scissors, or small craft supplies when you need them, then these Thrifty DIY Desk… Continue reading: "Thrifty DIY Desk Organizers"
- Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 27 Cheap Potluck Recipes that Won’t Break the Bank
- Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 18 Cheap Picnic Ideas for a Portable Feast
- 5 Dollar Dinner Ideas
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- 5-Ingredient Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 11 Cheap Dessert Recipes
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite stuff
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your stuff
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- How To Use Plantain Leaf For Skin And Hair
- Brett Haylee Scarf
- Gia Afghan
- Easy Patriotic Sensory Bottles Diy
- Dog Hat
- Diy Plant Markers With Mason Jar Lids
- Googly Eyes Bowl
- Fried Zucchini In Garlic Vinegar Sauce
- Nutella Peanut Butter Sandwich