We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Craving something comforting and easy to make? This one pot chili mac and cheese recipe is the easy weeknight dinner for you! The base of this recipe is ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and pasta, and along with a special blend of spices and herbs, so you know you'll get a delicious dinner that's hearty and filling.
This recipe is also very budget friendly because of the carefully selected ingredients. Chances are, you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry, just waiting to be transformed into a delicious dinner that the whole family will love. Plus, you can easily double this recipe and save some for meal planning later in the week!
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 26 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 10 ounces elbow pasta uncooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Since I'm using extra lean ground beef there's no need to drain the fat, but if you're using fatter ground beef, drain whatever fat there is.
Stir in the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes or until the onion softens and becomes translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir. Add the black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chicken broth and elbow pasta. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for about 9 to 12 minutes or until the elbow macaroni is cooked.
Stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Cold weather is almost here, which means one thing - It's almost boot season! Make fall and winter your most stylish seasons ever with… Continue reading: "Recycled Sweater DIY Boot Socks"
- 15 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 4-Ingredient Smashed Potatoes
- Dump and Bake Sausage and Cabbage Dinner
- Quick and Easy Taco Soup
- Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- Vintage Blueberry Icebox Cake Recipe
- 5-Ingredient Mini Cheesecake Recipe
- 27 Cheap Potluck Recipes that Won’t Break the Bank
- Easy Fresh Fruit Trifle Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- S’mores Bars
- Elf On The Shelf Printable Cards
- Donut Cake In Bundt Pan
- Printable Christmas Cards
- Christmas Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Air Fryer Indian Fry Bread Tacos
- Christmas Llama
- Christmas Tree Countdown Calendar
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Diy Christmas Wreath