We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Craving something comforting and easy to make? This one pot chili mac and cheese recipe is the easy weeknight dinner for you! The base of this recipe is ground beef, beans, tomatoes, and pasta, and along with a special blend of spices and herbs, so you know you'll get a delicious dinner that's hearty and filling.
This recipe is also very budget friendly because of the carefully selected ingredients. Chances are, you already have most of these ingredients in your pantry, just waiting to be transformed into a delicious dinner that the whole family will love. Plus, you can easily double this recipe and save some for meal planning later in the week!
Cooking Time20 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef extra lean
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 26 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 10 ounces elbow pasta uncooked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
In a large sauce pan or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Since I'm using extra lean ground beef there's no need to drain the fat, but if you're using fatter ground beef, drain whatever fat there is.
Stir in the onion and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes or until the onion softens and becomes translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and stir. Add the black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chicken broth and elbow pasta. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook for about 9 to 12 minutes or until the elbow macaroni is cooked.
Stir in 2 cups of the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
Read NextEasy No Bake Cookies Recipe
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Turn empty cocoa cans into chic little storage containers with this beginner-friendly DIY project! This Repurposed Cocoa Cans Tutorial… Continue reading: "Repurposed Cocoa Cans Tutorial"
- Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 27 Cheap Potluck Recipes that Won’t Break the Bank
- 10 Great Depression Era Recipes
- Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- 11 Cheap Dessert Recipes
- Hobo Dinner Recipe
- 13 Cheap Christmas Dinner Ideas
- 9 Homemade Seasoning Mix Recipes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pink Sewing Table
- Black China Cabinet
- Elegant White Armoire
- Repurposed Old Buffet
- Cute Chic End Table
- Dollar Store Pearl Farmhouse Ornaments
- Easy Candy Cane Christmas Caprese Salad Appetizer
- Mitten Countdown Calendar
- Easy Christmas Village Diy
- How To Make Peanut Brittle