- see all comments
"Absolutely gorgeous looking. Wow amazing!"
11 Ways to Make Money in College
Strapped for cash? We've compiled a few easy ways to make money in college!
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Click here to view your Stuff.
Being in college is like being in financial limbo. You're too busy with your course-load to work full-time, but you still have expenses that need to be covered.
To avoid becoming the "broke college student" cliché surviving off of ramen noodles and bad black coffee, we here at CheapThriftyLiving have compiled a list of easy ways to make money in college that work with your student lifestyle.
For college budgeting tips, click here!
Jobs on Campus
You're already there for most of your day Monday through Friday, so a job on campus makes perfect sense. Most positions have flex scheduling to fit between class schedules, so you can build your work day around your class day.
Top 4 On-Campus Jobs:
- Research Assistant. Get paid to work with your professors and help them with their academic research! You get paid to build a relationship with your profs (hello networking!), get some major-related experience, and possibly have your name mentioned in the credits of a scholarly project.
- Tutoring. If you naturally excel in a certain class, why not make a profit on it? Helping out your fellow students pays well, and the hours are totally flexible. You can either do this job through your university, or freelance it yourself.
- Dorm Front Desk Assistant. You know the students you see when you first walk into a residence hall? The ones doing their homework while swiping in keycards? They're getting paid to do that. These jobs are easy to manage and also a great way to meet people on campus.
- Cafeteria Server. Like working in food service, without having to deal with the customer service aspect. Another benefit of working in the cafs is the hours, since most university dining halls close at 8 p.m., and sometimes earlier on weekends.
Jobs Off Campus
If spending a second longer on campus than you need to makes your stomach sink, we've got you. There are plenty of other ways to make money in college. You can find jobs off campus flexible to your class and studying schedule, you just need to know where to look.
Top 4 Off-Campus Jobs:
- Bartending. If you're a natural night owl, bartending is a great way to earn some extra cash while you're in school. Salary PLUS tips will seriously help pad your wallet, and the hours typically won't interfere with your day-to-day routine.
- Drive for a Ride Share App. If you have a decent car, becoming a ride share driver is almost too easy. This is especially true on college campuses, because the typical trip is around ten minutes long. You get to select your hours, so you could squeeze in a few rides between classes if you wanted.
- House Sitting. Okay, yes we've seen horror movies, but hear us out. House sitting is probably the easiest way to make money, because it mainly just requires your presence in someone's home. If you're nervous about staying in someone else's home alone, pair up with a friend and split your earnings!
- Dog Walking/Pet Sitting. What could be better than getting paid to hang out with some furry friends? These jobs usually pay pretty well given the amount of work required, and the extra exercise you get from the walks is a bonus.
Online Cash Hacks
If classes, homework, and research papers have drained you to the point of no return, there are plenty of low effort ways to make money in college! One of the great beauties of the internet is the ability to make money from the comfort of your couch. These quick cash ideas are so easy, you'll be kicking yourself for not doing them sooner.
Top 3 Online Cash Hacks:
- Paid Surveys. No, you didn't read that wrong. Companies need subjects for their market research, and they're willing to pay you! Some will pay you in giftcards to popular retailers, some will send prepaid debit cards. All you'll need to do is go through sometimes lengthy surveys.
- App Testing. We don't know the exact statistic, but the amount of apps that are conceptualized every day is mind-boggling. Those apps need to be market tested before they get released in to the wild of the app store, and they'll pay you to go through their program and give your feedback as a user!
- Sell Online. If you have a crafting hobby, or have a hobby that can be turned into a service, you can monetize your pastimes. You're going to be doing the things you enjoy anyways, why not score some extra cash from it?
For more tips on making extra money, check out this collection of 13 Ways to Create Multiple Streams of Income
How do you make extra money in college? Share your tips in the comments!
Read NextHow to Save Money on Water Bill
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Thrifty DIY Desk Organizers
If you feel that you can never seem to find pens, scissors, or small craft supplies when you need them, then these Thrifty DIY Desk… Continue reading: "Thrifty DIY Desk Organizers"
- How to Save Money on Water Bill
- 8 Best Cashback Sites and How They Compare
- Easy DIY Receipt Organizer
- How to Control Spending Habits
- Why You Should Learn Quickbooks (with a CPA’s help)
- How to Save Money on Your Heating Bill
- Garage Sale Planning Tips
- Basic Guide To Saving On Groceries
- 18 Money Saving Hacks
- 3 Budgeting Methods You Haven't Tried
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite stuff
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your stuff
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- How To Use Plantain Leaf For Skin And Hair
- Brett Haylee Scarf
- Gia Afghan
- Easy Patriotic Sensory Bottles Diy
- Dog Hat
- Diy Plant Markers With Mason Jar Lids
- Googly Eyes Bowl
- Fried Zucchini In Garlic Vinegar Sauce
- Nutella Peanut Butter Sandwich