We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Craving something simple to make, filling, and budget-friendly? This ground beef stroganoff recipe is all that and more. Comfort food is great because it's delicious no matter what your budget is. This recipe is affordable and hearty, which makes it a great weeknight dinner that the whole family will love. Warm egg noodles pair perfectly with this stroganoff recipe that features sour cream to make it even richer and tastier.
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup beef flavored broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet to small bowl; set aside.
Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, cook beef 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup of the beef broth, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Beat flour and remaining 1/2 cup beef broth with whisk until incorporated; stir into beef mixture. Add mushroom mixture; return to boiling, and stir constantly about 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
Serve with cooked egg noodles. Garnish with parsley.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"This Christmas, turn a boring napkin into a wonderful craft with this simple tutorial on Christmas Tree Napkin Folding! Add… Continue reading: "Christmas Tree Napkin Folding Project"
- Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- 15 Cheap Dinner Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals
- Easy Beef Burrito Recipe
- 27 Cheap Potluck Recipes that Won’t Break the Bank
- 3-Ingredient Italian Spritz Cocktail
- 30 Cheap BBQ Food Ideas
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Easy Corn Salsa Recipe
- 4-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
- Slow Cooker Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Baked Lemon Chicken Breast
- C2c Wolf
- Sew Easy Reversible Bucket Hat With Free Pattern
- Instant Pot Ham Bone Broth
- Easy Mother’s Day Gift: A Motherhood Journal Jar
- Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak With Gravy
- Free Camping Coloring Pages And Activity Pages For Kids
- Make Your Own Tassels
- Diy Reversible Placemats