DIY Blouse Refashion from Button-Up Shirt
We are adding the stuff to your Stuff.
The project was added to your List.
Do you have a blouse in your closet that you never want to wear but with which you can't bear to part? This blouse refashion idea will turn your old blouse into a trendy off-the-shoulder shirt perfect for the spring and summer! This easy sewing project will transform the neckline of any shirt for a new and exciting blouse. You'll never overlook this shirt again as it will become a stylish piece of your wardrobe that you'll want excuses to wear. Try this DIY blouse refashion today and rejuvenate your wardrobe!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Button-up shirt
- Sewing machine and thread
- Tailor's chalk
- ¾” wide elastic
- Iron and ironing board
- Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears (8")
Lay the shirt flat on your work surface.
Using tailor's chalk, mark a horizontal line across the front of the blouse 1¼” above the desired finished height. Then draw vertical lines that run parallel to the sleeve seams of the shirt and connect to the horizontal line.
Use the Amplify® RazorEdge™ Fabric Shears (8") to cut along the marked chalk line. These shears can easily cut through thick materials, leaving a clean and precise cut each time.
Fold the cut edge of the shirt over by 1/4” and press with an iron. Fold over again by another 1” and press again. Stitch the edge down, leaving a 4” opening on the shirt to insert the elastic.
Insert the elastic through the opening and thread it through the entire top.
Adjust the elastic length to size, cutting off any unneeded elastic and sewing the ends together.
Stitch the opening in the shirt for the elastic closed and you're finished.
Is your closet overflowing with clothes you haven't worn in years? Try one of our helpful tutorials to clear the clutter and make the most of your old clothing items. 30 DIY Old Clothes Ideas
Read NextRecycled Sweater DIY Boot Socks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Recycled Sweater DIY Boot Socks
- DIY Collapsible Storage Cubes
- Quick and Easy DIY Travel Kit
- DIY Blouse Refashion from Button-Up Shirt
- Tea Towel DIY Farmer's Market Bag
- Recycled Denim Storage Bins
- Fall Plaid DIY Blanket Scarf
- 11 Old T-Shirt Craft Ideas
- Quick and Easy Upcycled Throw Pillow
- Stroller Blanket to Cocoon Cardigan Refashion
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute Kitten Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Magic Reindeer Food Printable Recipe & Topper
- 3 Styles Crochet Coasters For Beginners
- Ultimate Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Cute Turkey Donuts For Thanksgiving Breakfast
- Instant Pot Rice Pilaf
- Cute Oreo Reese’s Bats For Halloween
- Floral Stenciled Dresser
- Chalk Painted Teal Dresser
- Black Antique Dresser